Saturday, October 26, 2013

Muscle


I was shopping at my favorite store (*cough* Target) the other day when I had to do a parking lot double-take. It was like a high school dance… when you catch a glimpse of the “perfect one” from across a crowded room and suddenly time stops and no one else exists.  I did the slow-mo stride toward what I knew was going to be my next great love and on my life, I swear I said something corny like, “Sweet mercy, what is THAT? No way… it’s the new Accord.”   He had the carved lines of an American muscle car (don’t judge…everyone loves a little American thunder) paired with the clean elegance that is oh-so-distinctly Honda. I parked my grocery cart a safe distance away (There was no way I was risking any kind of cart/car mishap!) and did a walk-around.

Will you just look at that smile?  How on earth could a girl resist?  And he was a color I can only call Have Mercy Red. (Honda calls it Basque Pearl… which is woefully unsexy. Obviously no one looked at the color in the afternoon sun. It’s spectacular.)  Now, if I’d had any sense, I would have taken a couple of pictures, but I’d been already gawking for a really long time and my frozen veggies were starting to thaw. Plus there was a fair chance that I was going to get caught drooling over some nice person’s new car.  THAT would have been awkward.  So I bid him goodbye and hurried home to see if I could finagle my budget enough to bring one of these strapping beauties home… tomorrow. 

Trust me when I say you’re going to want to explore one inside and out.  Go ahead... get started here.

No comments:

Post a Comment