Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rhonda Still Going Strong | Blogger Contest Runner Up

Meet Rhonda, my Honda. Rhonda and I have been together for 17 years now. I got her when she was brand new, and she has kept me going on all of my adventures ever since. It's hard to believe it's been as long as it has, and as you can imagine, a lot of wonderful things can happen in such a long time span!

Oh the fun that I have had with this car! A simple drive up the canyon to enjoy the beauty Utah has to offer, or a larger adventure to Las Vegas or California! It really doesn't matter where I take Rhonda, she is always reliable. And of course, she is always there to take me on my daily adventures to the grocery store and other errands too. I never have to worry when I drive my Honda. I know that no matter what kind of weather it is outside, my car will always start.



Another great thing about Rhonda? She came with an amazing sound system! Really! I used to be able to impress all the guys with my sound system back in the day. It still sounds great when I crank up the tunes. It came standard too! 

After trading in my single life for that of a wife, my Honda did double duty as a little "truck", helping me move house into that first married apartment. And later, helping both of us move into our very first house. Rhonda became "our Honda", not my Honda. To this day she is my little truck for all of our crazy DIY adventures making this house our home.

What can I say? Hondas are the best cars in the world. Aside from a few minor fix ups like getting new tires and brake pads, and changing the oil, our Honda has run like a dream. And at 17 years old that is saying a lot! I have a feeling this car might out live me!

Honestly I am quite attached to my current Honda. A lot of memories are made in 17 years. It will be hard to part with Rhonda when she finally has to go to the big car lot in the sky. Luckily I know that if I am lucky enough to be able to, I will be replacing her with another Honda when that time comes.

 Aimee Gertsch is a wife, animal lover, and DIY junkie. She blogs at http://4theloveofanimals.com, dhttp://thestylishnest.com, and for Salt Lake Comic Con. Twitter and Instagram: @aimeeroo

No comments:

Post a Comment