Monday, October 13, 2014

Honda Pilot is 'Ready to Rock at Costco'

http://automobiles.honda.com/pilot/exterior-photos.aspxaption
A hundred years ago, before my Honda conversion, I drove a Chevy Corsica. Who can believe it? I'm pretty sure I just picked Rosie because she was cost-effective and red. (Two very important car-buying criteria!) Nevertheless, Rosie introduced me, the hard way admittedly, to my first Honda Pilot. We were playing dirty game of "broadside" in the middle of an intersection, but I distinctly remember that once I got over the initial shock of it all--I imprinted that Pilot on my memory for good. Now, this was all back somewhere around 2003, and the Pilot has come a long way since then, but I still remember thinking I wouldn't mind having a ride like that.

Fast-forward to today. Chevrolet doesn't even make a Corsica anymore, but Honda's still cranking out the ever-popular Pilot. Why? Well, for now let's chalk it up to superior craftsmanship and the old Honda staying power.

The 2015 Pilot, in fact, is still a little bit of bedrock in its field. According to Kelly Blue Book, "Its tidy exterior proportions make it easy to maneuver through cramped parking lots and rush-hour traffic, yet with seating for up to eight passengers, it can hold as many people as most full-size SUVs. Add in Honda's reputation for reliability and strong resale, and the Pilot begins to look like a sure bet." And while it's not the sportiest ride on the road, according to Edmunds, "...the Pilot still has several solid basic qualities that should serve a family well.

The main one is space. There's plenty of room on the inside, and even the third-row seats can accommodate adults, making this large crossover a true eight-passenger vehicle. There's also an upside to the Pilot's boxy shape: It allows for a more usefully shaped cargo bay for bulky items and ultimately makes life more convenient. Just drop those rear seats and you're ready to rock at Costco."

While I cringe a little at the word boxy, the Pilot knows what it is: A safe, solid, family-friendly ride. I mean, really, you had me at, "ready to rock at Costco..." Sigh.   So whenever you're ready to move up from a sedan, and need a little extra space for soccer balls and snacks for the kids... but you're not ready for mom jeans and a perm just yet... head on over to Ken Garff Honda of Orem their inventory. They've got Pilots and staff ready to impress.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment