Wednesday, June 17, 2015

2016 Honda HRV Test Drive

As we climbed into the new Honda HRV between errands, my 14-year-old son asserted, "This is my new favorite Honda."



Although he's had his eye on the Civic for years, HRV--Honda's crossover--turned his head. And it's turning other heads, too. Car and Driver noted, "The HR-V mixes angles and curves in an attractive design that lends it a sporty look while hiding its budget-friendly roots."



The HRV has seating for 5 and a dumbfounding 3 different interior configurations.  It has tons of cargo space and that's before you fold down the seats for cargo space that blows out any small SUV or sedan.



I got to drive the high-end model, the EXL Navi.  It had HondaLink, blue tooth connectivity, backup camera (standard on every 2016 Honda), blind spot camera, moon roof and leather interior.  It was fun to drive and very sporty without feeling like I'm sitting on the pavement.

It comes with an automatic transmission, but it also has a "Sport" setting that allows you shift up and down manually with buttons on the steering wheel.



I can't really explain why, but I'm absolutely in love with the rear door handle.  Seriously!  It almost looks like a coup, but with the functionality of a sedan.  There is just something about that I find so attractive!  It's turning my head, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment