Thursday, December 20, 2012

Test Driving the Sporty 2013 Civic

In the spring of 2011 the newly redesigned 2012 Civic was unveiled--and universally panned.  Reviewers complained about the interior, the steering and the look.  But the Civic isn't just any car--it's Honda's number one seller.  So only a year into the redesign, Honda has set a new standard and dramatically "refreshed" its top seller.

Introducing the 2013 Civic just 19 months after its redesign, Honda has recreated the Civic adding impressive new features and a sleek new look.  If I had to sum up the 2013 Honda Civic in a word it would be--sporty.


Rather than feeling like I'm climbing to a run-of-the-mill compact car, I felt like I was climbing into a sports car--and I was driving the EX not the designed-sporty Si.  The gleam of the chrome on the exterior, the beautiful stitching on the interior and the perfectly responsive steering make this "refreshed" vehicle refreshing to drive.


Honda added a back-up camera standard on all Civics, as well as SMS text message (where the car reads your message to you), Pandora internet radio and Bluetooth streaming audio.  Not only is the car super quiet (another "refreshed" feature), but it is so darn fun to drive!


I drive an Odyssey.  I love that Honda's minivan is incredibly responsive and turns in mid-size car amount of space. But even that comparable tight turning, did nothing to prepare me for the responsiveness of the Civic.  Not only does it turn in a seemingly bicycle size circle, but there's just something perfect about the steering.

The steering isn't so responsive that it's jerky, but it's also not in any way stiff or difficult.  It's hard to describe, just know--it is amazing.  The thing just begs to be taken on a long drive up a canyon where you can just turn and turn and feel in love.

I also love the Eco button.  In this car, you have cool 3D-ish floating blue bars that frame the speedometer.  When you're driving in the most eco-friendly, gas-milage-saving way, they turn green.  I was almost ridiculously enamored with trying to keep the lines green.


The new 2013 Honda Civic really leaves me speechless.  I guess the only thing let for you to do is come test drive it yourself

4 comments:

  1. Along with you, i am speechless as well. I am sure it will be one among the hottest and amazing cars of next year. I am so interested in watching this test drive's videos. Can you please help me by uploading on your blog. Or email me the links where i can see the test drive video..

    Regards
    vehicle transportation Executive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Faizan! I'll see what we can do to get one up!

      Delete
  2. How does it compare to the 2012?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's waaaay nicer. The extra touches--the chrome, the stitching, the backup camera, and the completely new steering--are the difference makers. The body style is based on the 2012 redesign, but it's be upgraded so dramatically that some reviewers consider it all new.

      And one of the best things is that even with all these extras, the price only increased $160.

      Delete