Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Minivan Moms Gone Wild (Honda of Orem Style)

Last week my besties and I randomly found ourselves test driving cars.

Minivans to be exact. Yes, minivans. We, three SUV enthusiasts, were ewwwing and ahhhhing over buttons that open automatic doors, shade screens that pull out of the doors and extensive trunk space. Who would have thought?!

When is the last time you test drove a car?

Untitled

I mean, c'mon. It was so random, but so fun. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It was the kind of fun that you really can only have with your girlfriends--silly, a little bit annoying and we found ourselves asking way too many questions about the car as we forced our test driving chaperone to go through the drive thru with us (we needed drinks, it was a billion degrees).

Mike Johnson was kind enough to put up with our shenanigans, bless his heart, and when we were too scared to see what would happen if you left your hand in the automatic door's path, he took the bullet for us.

Untitled

(Incidentally, it did not even come close to hurting him or crushing his hand. Totally safe for kids.) We thank him for being our crash test dummy. And for being so patient with us as we literally checkout out every square inch of the car, testing every button and inspecting all the gadgets.

Untitled
(Doesn't Mike look terrified? I love it. Minivan Moms gone wild!)

In all seriousness though, I had no idea that you could just go test drive cars and ask a billion questions about them. My friend ended up buying one of the minivans we drove (she's a convert too!) and I was impressed with how real and down to earth Mike was. I have never had so much car shopping fun in my life! I was so glad that I could help her get $500 off.

You know about my sweet gig with Ken Garff Honda of Orem, right? Just mention my blog and they will give you $500 off (new, used, trade in, lease, whatever). And ask for Mike ...he is hilarious and I PROMISE YOU, compared to what we put him through, you cannot ask him too many questions. 

Thanks again Mike and Ken Garff Honda of Orem! It was a treat. A random, unplanned, spectacular treat!



Follow Lindsey Redfern of The R House as she falls in love with the 2013 Honda Odyssey. A reformed SUV enthusiast, she has seen the light and is passing her excitement onto you in the form of really sweet deals. Get the all details on how she can save you a little cash.

1 comment:

  1. I guarantee that test driving cars has never been more fun than with two other moms who know exactly why you are considering switching from your beloved SUV to a mini van in the first place! Mike just happened to get to come along for the ride! (Mike, you are awesome!)

    ReplyDelete