Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Verses

by Andrea Harris

So, I was talking cars with a friend the other day.  He’s in the market for a nice trade-up from his Geo Prizm (seriously, so sad) and of course, I was all for selling him on a Honda.  You all know my feelings about my Accord, Sugar, so it wasn’t hard to get passionate about it.  I mean, I felt like it wasn’t even an argument.  Honda is just a flat out better car, right?  But he wouldn’t budge.  He wants a Dodge Charger.

Dude, really?

My heart broke just a little, despite the fact that I do actually get a real, red-blooded thrill from an all-American muscle car.   But they’re like a Disney vacation… it’s fun to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.  

The only catch is, this is a guy who does his homework.  He’s an engineer who takes no choice lightly.  We went to dinner once.  It took him 30 minutes to come up with what he wanted to eat.  (Yikes.) So I decided to do a little homework myself.  I wanted to see what my choice of an Accord was up against.  Turns out, not much.  We’d both buy used, so I based my comparison on the J.D. Power Ratings of the  2009 model of each car.


Photo Credit: Autos.yahoo.com


It’s pretty obvious there’s no real competition.  Honda outranks the Dodge in nearly every single category. So while I give the guy full props for buying with his all-American soul, the ratings speak for themselves. I’ll be taking my bragging rights now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment